Before you plunk down a few thousand to self-publish your book, please read about the WriteWise program. I am an associate of the Bookwise company, so I do have an interest in making a commission from it, but here is the information as it was given to me. Make up your own mind about the benefits, but it looks like a deal for the money.
Here’s a link to a free teleconference call that you can listen to all the information.
The program costs $4995. For that you get:
- Your work must be in harmony with and meet BookWise standards
- You must have the financial resources
- You are willing to invest the time and energy
If you are selected you will receive the following:
- Coaching to discover your unique bestselling idea
- Admittance to a 2-Day Write Wise Writing Seminar
- Assigned a “Book Producer”
- Your manuscript will be finished in 2008
- Your book will be strongly endorsed by Richard Paul Evans & Robert G. Allen
- Richard Paul Evans and Robert G. Allen to write foreword for your book
- RPE and RGA will be your literary agents to major publishers
- BookWise publishing guarantees that your book will be published
- you get 50 copies of your book for your use
- Book editing
- Book cover design
- RPE and RGA will escort you to Book Expo 2008
- RPE and RGA’s Step by step plan to make it a best seller
- RPE and RGA’s Step by step plan for attracting media to your book
- A “Wow” Press Release about your book
- Mock media audition test
- Live interview on BookWise.com
- Autographed copies of all of Richard Paul Evans and Robert G. Allen’s books
- Photo with Richard Paul Evans and Robert G. Allen for your website
- Listed in acknowledgements of future books by Richard Paul Evans and Robert G. Allen
- Website with purchase links and name collection
- Learn the book industry
- Get your book to the right people
- Partners in BookWise publishing royalties
For comparison, see Booksurge’s Fictionwriter program at $5759
(Booksurge is a print on demand subsidiary of Amazon.com)
- Author’s Advantage (Black & White Interior)
- Comprehensive Copy Editing (includes up to 3 rounds)
- Signature Cover Design
- Advanced Marketing Copy
- Short paragraph describing your book
- Condensed sentence description
- Author biography & Publicity Kit with 500 full-color postcards, business cards, bookmarks
- Press Release Creation
- Targeted Press Release Distribution Service
- Buy X, Get Y Advertising on Amazon.com -matching your book with a similar bestseller
iUniverse/Authorhouse.com, which is owned by Barnes & Noble, has a premium package for $2200 which includes book packaging, author support, a website (for an extra $29/month!) and marketing/editing package. You get 20 paperbacks free.
From Lulu.com, 10,000 copies of a 300 page book at 6×9 would cost over $56,000, roughly $5.60 each. They do not offer any assistance for editing or marketing other than their website. .
You can also contact Lee Clevenger, Southeastern Writers vice president and faculty guru about the ThomasMax.com services.
A limited number of authors will be in the program at one time in classes, so you will have support form fellow authors. If you should decide that this is for you, please contact me as an enroller. You do NOT have to join Bookwise to take advantage of this program. Visit my WriteWise page for more information
If you are interested in Bookwise, having your own bookstore website and network marketing business, I’d love to hear from you.